Freitag, 5. Februar 2016

There I fixed it - I got my own flat! + Bureaucrazy 2.0 + A nice walk on Newski Prospekt

I fixed it - I got my own flat!
As I wrote before, my dormitory was in a horrible condition. I could not stand it any longer, so I hired an agent who has also helped my colleagues to find a flat here in the surroundings. However, I only gave up trying to get better conditions in the dormitory when I heard that I would not be able to switch to a newer room in another dormitory close to the university. :(
Desperate to leave and after calling the agent, it took only 3 hours till our meeting. He drove me to two different flats and since I wanted to move out quickly, I decided for one option on the same day. Since I do not pay more than for my room in Steyr, I did not hesitate much. My own and first flat in my life is equipped with literally everything (even a dish washer, w-lan router, microwave). However, this might not be the last time I have moved since I will live with a friend together from March on and therefore will need a bigger flat.


:)

Most important room of all! :)))))

View from the balcony in the evening (all that powder snow that we would need for skiing in Austria is here)


Bureaucracy 2.0 
Since we were misinformed a couple of times before we arrived to Russia, we had to go again to some offices, go to the city centre and translate more documents into Russian language (therefore waste more money and time because of missing information that we should have received before).
In general, I just hope this will have an end at some point. Everyday I am carrying a bunch of papers and documents with me and pray that I do not lose any of them since I do not want to start this circle of running from one to another office once more.
(To sum up, I would Not recommend to go abroad for a whole semester to Russia, if you do not know the language at all).

A nice walk on Newski Prospekt
I could find time to have a nice and long walk on the Newski Prospekt, the world famous street of St. Petersburg with its shops, its luxurious hotels and its never ending glamour. The street leads you to the heart of the city where you can find most of the historical palaces, churches and monuments. Many of the buildings are at least 100, some even 200 years old, but well reserved for the visitors and of course for anyone who can afford to live there. There is also the oldest Hotel (Hotel Europe), buildings where artists and authors lived and much much more to experience. It is also quite nice to have a cup of tea or a dinner in one of the numerous cafés. At the end of the street, you will already see the famous Winterpalace which is part of the Eremitage art museum. According to what I read, this museum preserves around 60.000 pieces, consist of 350 rooms and employs 2.500 people and is part of the UNESCO heritage (The Winterpalace is just one building that covers part of that huge number of pieces).

Frozen channel (welcome to Northern Venice!)





What a Café!

No need to explain :)
Hotel Europe (first Hotel in St. Petersburg)
Winterpalace (part of Eremitage)



Mc Donalds
Finnish shopping mall Stockmann 
Stockmann





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen