Sonntag, 16. August 2015

Novosibirsk trip

On thursday evening I went by night train to Novosibirsk. Going via night train is an interesting experience indeed. Despite that it is not that easy to sleep (cars are open, no seperate train within the cars), it is comfy in a way I did not know before. For example you can get hot water in the train to have a cup of tea, you can enjoy reading books (like I did, a book with stories in Russian) or you just enjoy the view as long as it is not dark. The travel by train took about 7-8 hours and I arrived in the morning at Novosibirsk. There I went to the hotel, just opposite to the station, and left my luggage in the room. Luckily, the hotel is very close to the centre and there is even a metro station close by. The hotel itself was better than expected. Usually I would go in a hostel, but because of price differences it felt very cheap for me to stay in the hotel so I took the opportunity and benefitted from the better safety of my luggage.
Walking through the streets of Novosibirsk while observing the surroundings was an adventure for me as a European. The city centre is vivid and full of people, attractions and full of little modern monuments (such as a traffic light monument, an internet monument and so on). I suggest that after 2-3 days you have seen most of the sights in Novosibirsk (including churches). I myself went to the Lenin Monument, the Opera, traffic light monument to a gallery and two churches and went through the aisles to enjoy city life.

Pictures:

The train station in Novosibirsk looks like a palace

Lenin monument


Hotel building to the left just opposite to the station

Mc Donald's?

Metro

St. Alexander Nevsky church

Metro


Umbrella monument

Ilussion gallery



Metro (note the top symbols from soviet times) 
Nikolai chapel

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen