Samstag, 8. August 2015

Monestry Atschairski and hot thermal water

Yesterday in the morning we went to the monestry Atschairski which is located about 40 min outside of Omsk if you take a coach (bus for tourists). Taking the bus is a great experience by itself as buses in Omsk are usually from the last millenium (the design of the buses reminds me of the seventies, well, I was not born at this time so I feel like I am time travelling). Actually I wanted to sleep a little in the bus which is possible in Austria since gear shifting runs smoothly, the engine makes a subtil sound which is hard to recognize, there is smooth suspension and the seats are comfy.... all these options are not really available in Russian busses :D I guess that after a 3 hours ride, your back is more or less broken and your ears death (Yes, we Western Europeans are very very spoiled people). However, since the ride only took 40 min. I still kept my back and still I can hear properly ;)

But back to the monestry: it consists of 4 churches in different sizes and shapes and is located on an area of some acres. There is a spring of hot water (oh yesss !) and a little pond nearby where you can take a swim. The holy water from the spring is supposed to get you rid off all your sins... which is great, so I took a bath there. Oh and by the way, girls are supposed to cover their hair at the monestry (also when walking outside the church) so that they do not distract boys which is especially important during church service I suppose....
Unfortunatley it is not allowed to pictures from the interior of the churches, but during our visit the churches have been refurbished so it would not have made much sense to sneak in and take pictures. Currently, many Russian churches are rebuilt, refurbished and maintained in many parts of Russia. This is different to Austria in a way that only a handful churches, especially the ones which tourists visit, are kept tidy and refurbished. Sometimes I feel like that churches are the most well maintained buildings in Russia, but that is just my personal feeling.

After the church we went back to Omsk and in the evening I went out with a friend to the cinema to watch Mission Impossible Rogue Nation movie (In Russian: Миссия невыполнима: Племя изгоев). That was a really great choice since it is easier to understand this movie because of its rather monotonous plot. Just perfect for beginners in Russian language although I understand most of the story only by its context and pictures. Anyway, at a price of 160 Rubel (That is around 2,20  €) you can't go much wrong.

Find yesterday's impressions (Saturday 8th August) below:


Coach waiting for us in front of the university

Entrance to the monestry area

Little chapel (I think for baptism)

Spring of hot thermal water

Girls need to cover their hair



Again, the entrance, but from inside




Well refurbished and nicely built








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen